Saturday, May 10, 2008

New DVD Releases - 2008.05.06

New DVD Releases

2008.05.06

Pick Of The Week

Steel City




Definitely a close call between this and several others, but in the end, I went with this one. Worth checking out.

2007 Academy Awards Shorts



I've only seen one of these shorts so far, so I can't really comment.

Bella



I always pay attention to the Audience Award Winner at Toronto, which in previous years included Amelie, Crouching Tiger, Hotel Rwanda and Whale Rider. I didn't think this one certainly didn't stand up to those, but it was definitely worth a look.

Delirious



I Really Hate My Job



All I knew about this film was that Neve Campbell was naked in it, but I just noticed that the fantastic Danny Huston is also in this.

I'm Not There



Military Intelligence And You



Really interesting and funny film. If you like political satire like The Daily Show or maybe The Onion, you should check this out. It doesn't have a lot of deep laughs, but it's pretty much non-stop chuckles.

MST3K: The Movie




I usually don't cover older films and re-issues, but c'mon, this thing is great.

Teeth



I really can't wait to see this.


TV Releases

The 4400 - Season 4




This show consistently got better and better. It's a shame it's over.


Music Releases

Michael Franti - Power To The Peaceful




Michael Franti is one of my rappers ever. He has been doing political action concerts on 9/11 for years. This documents the 2005 festival, and features Spearhead, Anti-Flag, Saul Williams and others.

Curtis Mayfield - Movin' On Up



I don't know anything about this DVD, but I love Curtis Mayfield, and video footage is fairly scarce, so this is exciting.




No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics