Monday, March 10, 2008

Monthly Favorites - February 2008

Continuing the tone of the last two posts, I'm anxious just to catch up to the present here. Although, as far as monthly favorites are concerned, there's not much worth talking about. I still haven't heard the Marc Ribot or Roky Erickson, so there isn't a single new audio release in February that I enjoyed all the way through.

There aren't really any films I enjoyed that aren't fairly popular. I mean, popular enough to be nominated for Oscars (Jesse James, Gone Baby Gone, etc.) I guess I'd like to point out The Amateurs and Great World Of Sound, but that's about it.

OH! I almost forgot. I forgot to even LIST a film as a new release called The Inner Life Of Martin Frost.



This film is from one of my favorite authors, Paul Auster, who wrote the screenplays for Smoke, Blue in the Face and Lulu on the Bridge. He co-directed Smoke, and directed this and Lulu on the Bridge. I need to see this film again, but I can say that I enjoyed it very much.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics