Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New DVD Releases - 2008.02.19

New DVD Releases
2008.02.19

Pick Of The Week:


In The Valley Of Elah




Plenty of decent movies coming out this week, and a couple good looking films I haven't seen yet. I thought this was a pretty good mystery/drama that obviously had some great acting. Definitely worth a watch.


American Gangster


It is an OK film. Nothing too spectacular, but this continues the trend of Ridley Scott being the most over-rated director of the modern age.

Crime Fiction


I Netflixed this one right away. Chicago area production that premiered at Slamdance.

Kurt Cobain - About a Son


I really just couldn't get into this one at all, and I'm a huge Nirvana fan.

Lust, Caution



Margot At The Wedding


I'd like to see this, although I still have yet to see the Squid and the Whale.

Michael Clayton


Pretty underwhelming. Not Best Picture material.

Redacted


I need to see this also.

Rendition


Actually somewhat more interesting that it looked.

Music DVD

Burn To Shine 5: Seattle


Volume 5 features Benjamin Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie), Minus The Bear and Eddie Vedder. Watch bands set up in a house, play a song, leave, and then watch the house burn down. Great concept.

 
Clicky Web Analytics