Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New CD Releases- 2008.02.19

New CD Releases
2008.02.19

Pick Of The Week



Roky Erickson - Halloween (Live 1979-1981)


While I haven't heard this specific CD, (although I may have heard a bootleg version of this same concert), I have heard almost all of the releases below, and I feel confident that this CD is better than all of them. Roky is my favorite living songwriter, and he basically can do no wrong.

American Music Club - The Golden Age



Apes - Ghost Games



Atlas Sound - Let The Blind Lead Those Tho Can See But Cannot Feel



Bell X1 - Flock



Ray Davies - Working Man's Cafe



Mike Doughty - Golden Delicious



Grand Archives - ST



Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago



Gary Louris - Vagabonds



KRS-ONE - Adventures in Emceein



Kula Shaker - Strange Folk



Allison Moorer - Mockingbird


Probably a 2nd place here. This is a full record of covers. I definitely liked the first 3 tracks, including a cover of Dancing Barefoot.

Morcheeba - Dive Deep



Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride



Raveonettes - Lust Lust Lust



Marc Ribot - Excercises in Frustration


I'm a big Marc Ribot fan, and I'm really looking forward to hearing this.

Steve Smith - This Town



Throw Me The Statue - Moonbeams


No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics