Monday, February 4, 2008

New DVD Releases - 2008.01.29


New DVD Releases
2008.01.29

Pick Of The Week:

Right At Your Door



Great little independent film about a terrorist attack in L.A. This film was at Sundance is 2007 and had a small theatrical release.

Bordertown


Coma



Documentary about brain injury patients coming out of their comas.

Comebacks



Invasion



I was extremely bored with this. I didn't really finish it, I just fast forwarded through it.

Ira & Abby



For a romantic comedy, this was actually pretty entertaining.

King Of California


A passable film. Nothing particularly worth recommending in this one.

King Of Kong



I couldn't get into this the way a lot of people seem to. An entertaining watch, but nothing spectacular.

Ladron Que Roba a Ladron



The Nines



I heard from people that loved or hated this. There's some interesting stuff, but not really worth recommending.

Quiet City & Dance Party, USA



I saw Dance Party, USA at the Chicago Underground Film Festival. While I absolutely hated the main character and a decent amount of the dialogue, Aaron Katz's cinematography is very interesting and I'm looking forward to checking out his second film, Quiet City.

Rocket Science



I only lasted about 30 minutes before I shut this off. Whenever people complain that Little Miss Sunshine and Juno being quirky to be quirky, this is what they're really talking about.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics